Union Pacific 332 4-8-4, Smoke, Sound and New Electronics
UP 332 4-8-4 with all new updated electronics that gave use controlled speed, with sound and smoke. This restoration project was a calibration of members from our "Valley of the Sun" S-Gauge Club here in Phoenix. We all enjoyed the engines great operating capabilities with its newly installed features which brought the very best out of this Northern.
- Newly installed AF Smoke Unit / Lots of Smoke!
- Newly installed DC 1/2 Speed Can Motor / Runs Great!
- Newly installed Dallee #400 Universal E-Unit / No Hiccups!
- Newly installed True Blast II Sound System / Whistle (Horn) & Bell
- Newly installed DHB-8 High Bass Speaker / Great Sound!
- Newly rewired Engine & Tender for AC Operation
- Newly repainted Engine & Tender / ready to add our road name.
EMD GP7 - Rio Grande 3510 "Bumble Bee Scheme"
After repainting the diesel shell with flat black paint. I sprayed (air brushed) the areas where the decals will be applied with Micro Gloss. I used Micro set to float the decal to the desired location. Then I used Micro Sol to set the decals over any irregular surface and make them more permanent. After letting the shell dry for 48 hours. I over spayed (air brushed) the entire shell with Micro Flat. This returned the shell back to its flat black look and eliminated any film from showing thru on the decals.
I used the S Scale decals from Des Plaines Hobbies.